Go to the website: http://www.cdreporting.co.uk and click on ‘register’. Enter your details and press submit. You now have log in details to the website. The website has a number of functions:
- Reporting incidents
- Submitting quarterly occurrence reports – NHS Trusts, Hospitals & Hospices
- Submitting controlled drug declarations – GPs, dentists and private midwives
- Destructions – Requesting an authorised witness to CD destruction. (independent pharmacies, GP surgeries).
The CDAO, Ms Gazala Khan, has authorised various individuals from NY&AWC medicines management team to witness the destruction of Controlled Drugs within North Yorkshire & Airedale Wharfdale Craven GP practices.
- Review all your CD submissions
- Export your incidents into Microsoft Excel
Support is available to help organisations and individuals during this transition to a solely web based tool. If you have any problems:
- with access to the website please contact the helpdesk on 0113 825 5238
- with completing any of the forms please contact your local office on email@example.com
- refer to the FAQs page on the website
- that are not covered by any of the above please contact the helpdesk 0113 825 5238
Advice on matters relating to CD can be obtained from the CDAO office via 0113 825 5238 or from your CCG’s Medicines Management Team.
Lost / stolen prescriptions should be reported via: firstname.lastname@example.org If there is significant concern that this involves controlled drugs then this also should be reported to the CD-AO.
Advice, Resources, References
Previous Yorkshire & Humber CSU CD Governance Newsletters:
July 2014, September 2014, January 2015
Pain Management including Dose Equivalents
Identification and Treatment of Prescription Opioid Dependent Patients
Stopping Opioids in Primary Care
30 Day Threshold Quantities for some CDs
NICE Guideline “Controlled drugs: safe use and management” published 12 April 2016
Private CD Prescribing
Prescribers wishing to prescribe CDs privately should get in touch with the NHS England CDAO via: England.email@example.com to enable NHSE to provide the prescriber with the required paperwork that will need to be completed and then returned to them.