Healthwatch North Yorkshire
There is a local Healthwatch in every area of England. It is the independent champion for people using local health and social care services across North Yorkshire.
Healthwatch listens to what people like about services and what could be improved. It shares its views with those with the power to make change happen, such as clinical commissioning groups and providers like hospital trusts.
It also shares them with Healthwatch England, the national body, to help improve the quality of services across the country. People can also speak to Healthwatch to find information about health and social care services available locally.
In summary – Healthwatch North Yorkshire is here to:
- Help people find out about local health and social care services
- Listen to what people think of services
- Help improve the quality of services by letting those running services and the government
- know what people want from care
- Encourage people running services to involve people in changes to care
You can visit the Healthwatch website for more information.