Buying health services for local people

COVID-19 (coronavirus) latest: do not leave your home

Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus. Advice for clinicians on COVID-19 (coronavirus) is here. If you are a member of the public looking for health advice, visit the NHS website or North Yorkshire Public Health. And if you are looking for the latest travel information, and advice about the government response to the outbreak, go to the website.

Last updated: 30 March, 2020 15:59pm

en English
en English

Which organisation to ask for what information

The NHS has undergone major changes since the introduction of the 2010 White Paper Equity and Excellence - Liberating the NHS became law under the Health and Social Care Act 2012.  Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) such as NHS Scarborough and Ryedale CCG, became responsible for the commissioning of some health and social care services.  However there are other organisations who also have responsibility for commissioning these services.

Listed below are organisations who have a responsibility for commissioning and providing health and social care services for residents of Scarborough and Ryedale and the services they are responsible for.  These lists are not exhaustive and further information can be found on the following documents:

en English