Children, young people and maternity
Welcome to our web page where you will find a range of information and useful links.
For details of services in your local area, please visit:
- *NEW* Arrangements for the transfer of Statements and Learning Difficulty Assessments to Education, Health and Care Plans; 2015-2018
- Parenting Strategies – North Yorkshire
- North Yorkshire County Council Special Educational Needs, Information for Parents – Includes a link to the Strategy for meeting the needs of Children and Young People with Autism in North Yorkshire
Useful links and resources
‘You’re Welcome’ is a Department of Health initiative which supports the ethos that all young people are entitled to receive appropriate health care wherever the access it.
Services can undertake the self assessment toolkit to benchmark themselves against the principles of ‘You’re Welcome’, develop their own plan of action and engage with local young people to see how they are doing.
- Introduction to ‘You’re Welcome’
- Self-review toolkit
- Important information on downloading the toolkit
- For a list of useful resources please contact us
Some helpful information about autism - booklet
In 2011, the North Yorkshire and York Autism Diagnosis Strategic Partnership Group looked to improve the information available for families when a child or young person has received a diagnosis of autism. Parents, Local Authority colleagues, health professionals and young people were involved in this project.
The group looked at a range of information already available and produced a booklet with a range of topics and signposting that would be helpful for young people, family and friends in the first few weeks and months following a diagnosis.
The booklet will be given to families by health professionals when a diagnosis is made and is available here to download
Young People’s Rights
Young people have rights when making decisions and choices about their healthcare. This resource has been produced with young people. A local young member of The Flying High Group has been involved with the project to develop the resource for over 2 years.