- Overview of eye care pathways (MECS and secondary care services)
- Ophthalmic emergency triage service guidance
- Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS)
- Benign Lid Lesions
- Corrective Surgery - Lens implant and Laser Treatment
- Eyelid Surgery - Upper and Lower
- Oculoplastic (Watery Eyes)
- How to examine the eye without a slit lamp
Cataract referrals - From 1 April 2017, patients with cataracts (diagnosed or suspected) will once again be able to be assessed and referred directly to secondary care by Community Optometrists, thus removing the need for referrals to be routed via the GP.
Patients will be able to access this assessment and referral either following a routine eye-site test or through GP referral into the service. This service will apply the current CCG threshold for cataract referral and triage patients accordingly. A list of the local Optometrists providing this service is available below.
Referrals that are received by the Choice Office that do not meet the agreed threshold or that have not been assessed against it will be returned to the relevant referrer with advice